Love & Marriage

>> Monday, March 8, 2010

Jamie & I ran off to Nashville this Saturday for a Lifeway Marriage Seminar called Love & Marriage. When we pulled up, we were a little hesitant seeing as we were 1 of probably 4 cars in the parking lot. Jamie said, "Where have you taken me?" At first glance we assumed we would be among a few couples and have lots of participating to do. If anyone knows me, they know I am NOT comfortable in a public setting, so I was slightly taken back. EEK! :)

We walked in the HUGE Lifeway Building in downtown Nashville and were greeted by LOTS of coffee. Turns out, about 400 people came to this seminar and filled up the church. At $90/couple, I think these speakers came out alright. :)

We listened to 3 speakers touch on issues that relationships may be experiencing, may experience down the road or are currently experiencing and not even realizing it. The first 2 speakers were Les & Leslie Parrott who have been married for over 20 years. They are both professors at a University, Counselors to couples who are to be married or are already married, and authors of several books.

Originally I was very excited about Dr. Gary Chapman speaking, who is the author of Five Love Language. As much as I enjoyed his speech and teachings on the Love Languages, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 speakers even more so. Les, the husband, was hilarious! He kept my attention the entire time and frequently referred to their personal conflicts, failures and learning experiences that him and his Wife face or have faced. It was comforting knowing that this Christian Couple that was speaking before us, has also been down a wrong road or 2.

The seminar was done around 3pm. Jamie & I drove across the street to our hotel - Union Station - checked in, changed clothes and walked about 5 blocks to get us some grub. We had some good BBQ and then proceeded to walk back. On our way back, we stopped and grabbed us a 6 pack...just in case. :) We had NOTHING to do so we climbed in bed and turned on a movie. After a little while, we determined that we may go out and have a couple drinks. This turned into $50 at the hotel bar, then another $40 at Cadillac Ranch. Oops! Needless to say, we had a good time...together. :)

The next morning we went to Big River and enjoyed a GLORIOUS cheeseburger then walked down to the river for a little R&R in this beautiful weather. Unfortunately, we missed Kristen and the tour of her new home, but promise to invite ourselves to see it, eat all her food and drink all her liquids come April 16. :)

I took a ton of notes from the conference that I would love to jot down but I don't have them in front of me. When I get them, I will make sure to come back and share. :) 



post signature

2 comments:

Mariah,  March 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

So all in all a good Couples Trip! I will now come to you for any relationship advice. :) I'm glad you both had a great weekend. Ruff ruff!

Kristen,  March 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Happy to hear ya'll had a great trip!! Much needed I'm sure!!

Can't wait to ya'll come!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP