Babies, Brides & Bachelorette Bashes, OH MY

>> Tuesday, August 17, 2010

After getting word that one of my best friends was finally engaged, I received even more great news that she had chosen me to be the Matron of Honor. This 'Honor' has motivated me to do several things for my dear friend so that she can enjoy every moment of her short engagement. Just coming off a wedding myself, I know how excited she is, filled with SO much emotion and wanting to share it with all her friends and family. I just hope we can help create such great memories for her during this once in a lifetime event and celebration.

As I have several 'tricks' up my sleeve for our new Bride, I find myself putting it all on HOLD until we all can come to some sort of agreement in regards to her Bachelorette Celebration. Getting multiple women to coordinate their calendars has proven to be some what of a task.
Women. ;)

In addition to this fun filled future occasion, I have also volunteered to co-host Alicia's Baby Shower with Genny & Mariah. We have come up with some really cute ideas and I just can't wait to see Momma on the day we honor her and baby Briley.

My task for the shower is to provide the games and I am the "lead during the shower." My first, simple game is a crowd favorite - Jelly Bean Count. I plan to make a cute paper design and print several copies, and have everyone fill in their answer on the paper provided. Not sure what the winner will receive but I am thinking I may give them the decorative vase that contains the jelly beans... I'm thinking this will depend on the cost of the vase I find. :)

Another suggested game is the Toilet Paper Game, which needs no explaining. My prize for this game will, hopefully, be a DIY project that is known as Cowgirl Cookies. I have since purchased pink (and brown) M&Ms but haven't tried out the recipe just yet. I also am not sure how much this will cost me so that is something else I will be considering. I have already made a mock logo for this as well. Instead of the cowgirl hat as pictured in the first picture, I am sticking with the theme and using a cute butterfly. :)

I have other ideas for games and prizes but have yet to narrow them down. Other prizes may include an Ulta Gift Bag, Bath & Body Works candle and hand soap (I just love that stuff)... any other ideas for cute, cheaper prizes please pass it along!

I am also going to try my hand at a diaper cake! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lala,  August 18, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

Cute ideas!!! I love the Briley's Bakery logo! So cute! I sound like a spokesman for Ross but seriously... you can find EVERYTHING there! lol
Look in the back of the store in the "home goods" section and you will find lots of little "gifts" or vases for cheap! Thats where I found our cute little wine glasses :) If I think of anything else I will let you know! I SO wish I could be there to help!!!

Lindsey,  August 18, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

OH great advice. Thank you for the heads up! I need to save some mullah where I can.
And I SOOOOO wish you were here more! I need your creative touch. :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP